Friday, August 3, 2012

A Little Pre-School Prep

I told myself I would get back into a routine in August, and it caught me off guard. To try to get my creativity flowing for lesson planning, I decided to begin with making some grade books. This is one of my favorite parts of preparing for the semester, and I've tried to do something different each time. Previously I have used patterned papers from booklets and from my previous William Morris calendars.
This year I decided I wanted to do something a little different. I thought about carving some stamps and then printing patterns on the papers, but I went for free-hand painting instead. At first I was planning to paint something simple on each, but as I made several mistakes and tried to cover them up, they became a bit more complicated. Here's how they turned out:
Hannah suggested adding branches to this one, and it
looks much better than it did with plain stripes.
Now the slightly more important task of fine-tuning my syllabi...


No comments:

Post a Comment